Derrick practicing kayak rolls near his home at Devil’s Lake State Park in Baraboo, Wisconsin.
The Low Impact Roll Series
– Learning to roll, or making your current roll more efficient. Rolling should feel “easy”.
- Low Impact Rolling 1 – Assess your current roll – The Greenland Test
- Low Impact Rolling 2 – Focus on the Body – “No Sweep, No Plunk”
- Low Impact Rolling 3 – What “Low Impact” means
- Low Impact Rolling 4 – Boat Fit
- Low Impact Rolling 5 – Exercise. Fun in Bed
- Low Impact Rolling 6 – More Exercises. Learn to roll “stupid”.
- Low Impact Rolling 7 – By Example. Mary’s New Found Roll (video)
- Low Impact Rolling 8 – Square Thoughts about the Balance Brace.
- Low Impact Rolling 9 – The Heavenly Arch
- More to follow
You will also find many more articles in the KayakQuixotica blog.
- KayakQuixotica Video Page (Small flash videos, many rolls demonstrated)
- KayakQuixotica Youtube Channel – Rolls & More
Here are some links to help you with that roll.
* The best way to learn is to take a class. . .
Keep in mind I offer private rolling lessons here in Baraboo as well as offer instruction at various symposiums throughout the year. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org